1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text strings sent by the website visited by the user to his computer or other device (for example through access to mobile application), where they are stored before being re-transmitted at the same site at the next visit of the same user. Cookies therefore consist in the transmission of information from the site visited to your device and vice versa. Cookies stored on the hard disk (HDD) from the user’s computer allow the site to recognize the user and store the same information in order to improve the navigation and the services offered by the website. While visiting the website, the users can receive on their terminal even cookies that are sent from different websites or servers (so-called “third party”), on which they may reside some elements (such as, for example, images, maps, sounds, links to specific pages in other domains) on the same site that are visiting.
A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from users’ hard disk or pass on computer viruses or capture email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the cookies functions can be delegated to other technologies. In this document the term ‘cookies’ we want to refer to both the cookie, as such, to all similar technologies (such as, for example, Google Analytics).
2. TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies may be first- or third-party, where “first party” means cookies that take as domain the website, while “third party” means the cookies that are related to other domains .
The third-party cookies are necessarily installed by an external subject, always defined as “third party”, not directly managed from the site. Such subjects may possibly install first- party cookies, saving on the domain of the website their own cookies.
3. WICH TYPES OF COOKIES CAN BE USED
4. DIFFERENT NATURE OF THE COOKIES
There are different types of Cookies:
4.1 Technical Cookies
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of a IT service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user in order to provide this service”(Codice Privacy).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed by the Controller or by the operator of the Website. They can be divided into:
• navigation cookies or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and utilization of the Website (allowing, for example, to purchase or to authenticate in order to access restricted areas). They are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the Website;
• analytics cookies, similar to the technical cookies if used directly by the Controller to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and on how they visit the Website in order to improve the Website performance;
• functionality cookies, that allow the user to browse of the Website on the basis of a set of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the same service. For the installation of these cookies is not required the Users’ prior consent (more information in the section “Cookies’ Management”).
4.2 Profiling Cookies
The profiling cookies are designed to profile the user and are utilized in order to send them advertising messages in line with their preferences expressed when navigating the Web.
The user can give or not their consent to the installation of cookies through the options provided in the section “Cookies’ Management”.
In case of third-party cookies, the Website does not have a direct control of individual cookies and cannot control them (it cannot nor install them directly or delete them). These cookies can be managed through the browser settings (following the instructions below), or the websites mentioned in the section “Cookies’ Management”.
The User is therefore invited to check on the website of the third party indicated in the table below.
4.3 Third-Party Cookies
An example of third-party cookies are the “social plugins” (i.e. Facebook icons, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, etc.). Those types of cookies are generated and managed directly by the above mentioned third parties and integrated into the website’s page.
5. DURATION OF THE COOKIE
Cookies have a duration predicted by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation.
Cookies can be:
• temporary or session (session cookies) are used to store temporary information and allow you to connect the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when you close your browser;
• Permanent (persistent cookies) are used to store information, such as username and password, so as to avoid users having to type them again each time they visit a particular site. These cookies are stored on your computer even after you close your browser.
6. LIST OF TECHNICAL COOKIES CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING DESCRIPTION, FEATURES AND DURATION OF THE COOKIES
7. LIST OF PROFILING COOKIES CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING DESCRIPTION, FEATURES AND DURATION OF THE COOKIES
8. ENABLING AND DISABLING COOKIES
8.1 In each section of the Website, will appear a banner which informs users of the cookies used by the Website and of their possibility to view in advance to Extended Cookie’s Policy. The banner shall remain visible up to express acceptance by users.
The users can modify at any time their consent to cookies directly from this link – cookies’ management (NB hyperlink which shall defer to a window in which users can choose to enable/disable each cookie).
8.3 The user can at any time confirmation of the existence or not of their personal data, to know their content and origin, verify and request their integration, updating or rectification. Users also have the right to request cancellation, anonymization or blocking of data processed unlawfully, and to oppose in any case, for legitimate reasons, their processing.
8.4 In order to exercise these rights, or to get any information about the data processing, requests should be addressed to:
– through the contact form on the site.
8.5 If the consent is already given but the user wants to change their cookies’ authorizations, they have to delete them through the browser, as shown below, or those already installed will not be removed. In particular, please remind that the user cannot in any way control the third-party cookies, so if the consent Is already given it is necessary to withdraw the cookies through the browser (section) or by requiring the opt-out solution directly to third parties or through the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ site.
For more information, please consult the following websites:
8.6 By modifying their browser’s settings, users can accept or refuse the utilization of cookies, or choose which categories of cookies they accept or refuse, or choose to receive a warning before accepting the utilization of a cookie from the websites visited. Users can also delete all the installed cookies in the cookie folder of your browser.
Users shall bear in their mind that totally disabling cookies in the browser settings they may not be able to use all the interactive features of the website.
If users utilize multiple devices to connect and surf the Website, they shall make sure that any browser is set to suit their preferences.
Each browser has its own different procedures for managing its settings.
For more information visit the page dedicated to your Browser to disable / delete cookies.